Whether you are growing produce for yourself or others, review these resources to help ensure that the fresh fruits and vegetables you grow are both safe and healthy!
- A Handbook for Beginning & Veteran Garden Organizers (School & Community Gardens)
- Food Safety in Gardens
- Garden to Table Booklet
- Garden Gleaning: A Toolkit for Growers and Food Shelves (Healthy Eating Minnesota)
- Growing Gardens in Urban Soils
- Harvest Guide (North Dakota State University)
- FoodKeeper App (maximize freshness and quality)
- Plant the Garden
- Top 13 Vegetables to Donate to Food Pantries (Iowa)
Soil Testing & Soil Health
- Soil Testing fact sheet (Ohio)
- Soil Testing fact sheet (Minnesota)
- Testing Your Garden Soil (Wisconsin)
Food Safety & Farmers’ Markets
- Farmers’ Market Food Safety Training (FREE online course, Iowa State University)
- Make Food Safety a Priority at Your Farmers’ Market Booth (Iowa State)
See the Training tab if you will be teaching gardeners and growers about fresh produce safety!
Questions or comments? Contact the University of Wisconsin-Madison, firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-263-7383.